The holiday season has arrived, and that means spending time with friends and family over good food and even better cocktails. Mix up some special drinks to serve at a holiday party or for a nightcap in front of a cozy fire. With a few staple items, simple recipes, and that perfect glass, you can add a few more traditions to your holiday festivities.
Stock up on a few stable items that will get you through the holidays. Stop by Bin 201 Wine Sellers to fill your cabinet with plenty of holiday cheer! For most seasonal recipes, you won’t regret having vanilla vodka, bourbon, gin and wine on hand. And luckily Target, Whole Foods and Bed Bath & Beyond carry all of the added mixers and ingredients to shake up your cocktail game.
Add a bit of sugar and spice to your cocktail menu this holiday season. Here’s a selection of simple, crowd-pleasing recipes that are guaranteed to get you in the spirit.
- White Christmas Martini >> rum chata, vanilla vodka, sweetened condensed milk
- Peppermint Martini >> vanilla vodka, white creme de menthe, peppermint schnapps
- Mulled Wine >> apple cider, red wine, honey, cinnamon sticks, cloves, anise, orange
- Slow cooker holiday sangria >> rose, cranberry juice, apple cider, bourbon, vanilla bean clove, cinnamon sticks, sugar
- Spiked Eggnog >> eggnog, amaretto liquor, white rum, ground nutmeg or cinnamon
- Cranberry Old Fashioned >> cranberries, sugar, Angostura bitters, orange zest, bourbon
- Spiced gin holiday punch >> Pimms No. 1, gin, ginger ale, brewed chai tea, orange juice, lemon juice, clove, anise, rosemary, cranberries (slices)
If you’re looking for some bar tools that are festive for the season, check out Bed Bath & Beyond, Target and Pier 1 for a wide selection of mixers, muddlers and glassware. For a bit more of an extravagant look, stores such as Anthropologie and Paper Source are the perfect one-stop shops for unique pieces to adorn your home bar.
Shake it up this year with some specialty cocktails that are simple enough to make at home. Whether it’s ingredients, shaker or fun glassware, you can find everything that you’ll need in the Annapolis Towne Centre.
Blog written by Kristin Dyak.